Transferring MS Outlook mailboxes from Mac to Windows operating system can be the need of an hour because of several reasons. This blog will be describing all the free workarounds to export Mac Outlook OLM to Outlook 2016 manually. Read this blog to know how to export Mac Outlook 2016 to PST manually.
Reason to Import OLM to Outlook 2016 Windows
The Outlook for Mac is a desktop-based email client as well as the personal information management system, which was originated by the Microsoft for Mac users. However, it creates OLM file for storing data on the Apple machine. There is no file importing option available in Windows Outlook 2016, 2013, etc., to open this OLM file. This scenario gives birth to a situation in which end users search for workarounds to transfer Outlook from Mac OLM to Outlook 2016. To do the same, users can take help of following free measures that are explained in the upcoming section to export Mac Outlook 2016 to PST.
Measures To Export Mac Outlook 2016 to PST on Windows 10
There exist only one manual and free approach to import Mac Outlook to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and all the prior versions. This solution requires the presence of a Mac and a Windows OS machine that comprises of Outlook within them. When both these platforms get available to begin the following procedure to export Mac Outlook 2016 to PST.
Step 1: Export OLM From Outlook 2011 / 2016 for Mac
Initially, you have to extract a .olm file from the Mac Outlook that you wanted to import into Windows Outlook. Take help of following steps to do the same :
- Launch Microsoft Outlook 2011 / 2016 for Mac and click on File >> Export
- The Outlook export wizard gets opened where you have to enable the radio button of ‘Outlook for Mac data file’ and click ‘right-arrow’
- Make a decision that whether you want to delete items after exporting or not. After taking the decision, select any one of the 2 options and click right-arrow
- Provide the location and name to resultant OLM file and hit on Save to continue an overall process of converting Mac Outlook OLM to PST.
- MS Outlook for Mac will begin exporting .olm database file. You can see live status of exporting procedure on the current screen
- An ‘export complete’ message will appear through which you will come to know that Mac Outlook is done with the step. Click on Done to move towards the next step.
Step 2: Configure a Gmail id in Outlook for Mac
The Step (2) and (3) requires unique Gmail credentials with IMAP settings to import OLM to Outlook 2016 for Windows. In this step, you have to configure this gathered Gmail id in Mac operating system :
- Launch Microsoft Outlook for Mac email application and click Outlook >> Preferences
- A preferences window gets opened where you have to choose Account from personal settings option
- Click on the Add button to expand menu and choose E-mail from the list
- Enter the id and password of Gmail account, which you will be using as intermediate in entire procedure. Click on Add Account to proceed
- Note : Check that ‘less secure apps access’ feature is enabled in your Gmail account
- Finally, you are done with adding of Gmail account in the source Mac Outlook profile
Step 3: Import OLM File Data in Configured Gmail
It is the time to import Mac Outlook database file (achieved in Step(1)) in the Gmail account that you have recently configured in Step (3). Take help of following instructions to do the same :
- Right-click on the configured Gmail account folder and click New Folder option
- Provide the folder with a new name and click on File >> Import
- This opens an import wizard in which you have to choose ‘Outlook data file’ option. Click on right-arrow to continue with export Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook.
- Choose Outlook for Mac Data File (.olm) option and click on right-arrow
- Select the OLM file that you have taken in Step (1) and click on Import button
- In order to transfer Outlook from Mac to PC, the procedure of OLM file importing gets started
- An ‘Import Complete’ message will appear through which you will come to know that this step is almost at the endpoint. Click on Done
- Now you will be back to your Mac Outlook screen where you can see your OLM file imported messages. Choose all those emails
- Right click on them and click Move >> Choose Folder
- Type the folder name that you have used in Step (b), select the folder, and click on Move button
- Now all the chosen messages will be moved to Gmail account that you have configured in Outlook for Mac
- If you want then, you can delete Gmail account where you have configured it on Mac machine and continue with Step (4)
Step #4 : Configure Same Gmail id in PC Outlook
This is the final steps of the free procedure to convert Mac Outlook OLM to Outlook 2016 PST. For this, avail the machine where targeted Windows Outlook is present and configure Gmail id in it. When you get completed with this configuration, automatically you will find that OLM emails get moved in Windows Outlook 2016 / 2013 / 2010 / 2007. However this method is not best method to export Mac Outlook 2016 to PST. In the coming section we will discuss the automated solution to migrate from Mac Outlook 2016 to Outlook PST with complete items such as emails, contacts, calendars etc.
Instant Method to Import Mac Outlook OLM File to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007
As the manual method is too large and time-consuming process. So, in this fast moving and competitive environment, no one wants to be last in the race. Each and every person requires the solution which saves lots of time and complexity as well. SysTools OLM to PST Converter software is one such tool which fast, efficient, safe and expert recommended solution to import Mac Outlook OLM to Outlook 2016 PST. Download software for free from here:
Majority of end users export Mac Outlook OLM to Outlook 2016 PST for one or another reason. Each and every step of the migration procedure is illustrated in this blog with the screenshot. The solution described here is foolproof with the practical implementation of each step to export Mac Outlook 2016 to PST. Hope it will work for you and if you face any issue then, feel free to ask us.